I was reminded the other day that it’s been almost a year since I started this blog and it made me reflect on this past year and the challenges I’ve faced. I originally started this blog to share healthy recipes and help others who’ve suffered or still suffer from disordered eating. I wanted to share my love of hiking and adventure and encourage others to explore the world around them. I also wanted to be honest about my struggles with food and that’s why I decided to write this post.
These past couple of weeks (okay months…) I’ve been struggling with binge eating again and it’s really gotten me down. I’ve been a little depressed about it but I’m trying to not let it get me too down. I’ve still been trying to live my life and not let it control me but I want to be held accountable (from you all and myself) to give this another shot. I feel like lately I’ve really been struggling and I really want to beat this. So here is my commitment to myself and all of you reading this, that starting today, Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, I will make a daily commitment to fill my body with healthy foods and have a positive body image. Below are some of my goals for the remainder of the year that I feel will help me achieve this. Feel free to share your goals in the comments, I’d love to hear them!
- Stop binge eating & have a positive body image. I want to be able to go throughout the entire day without binging on sweets, crackers, etc. and not stress out and get anxiety when a friend wants to go out to eat because “I’ve eaten too much already.” I know the number one reason I binge is because I get bored and/or stressed at work. Below are the ways I’m going to stop binging:
- Go on at least one 15 minute walk during work and to the gym at least 3 times a week on my lunch break.
- Write and post on this blog at least once per week.
- Pray before I’m about to binge and ask God for strength.
- Eat only when I’m hungry.
- Start the day off right. Whether that’s with a workout in the morning, a healthy breakfast, or the right mindset.
- Stay off social media for at least 2 weeks (9/13/17 – 9/27/17)
- Be more flexible. I’ve never been a flexible person and my lack of stretching definitely doesn’t help. By the end of 2017, I want to be able to touch my full hand on the floor when I stretch.
- Go to yoga at least once a week.
- Stretch for at least 10 minutes 3 times a week.
- Read all of the New Testament by the end of the year. I’ve been struggling a lot with my relationship with God for the past couple of years and I am still very confused about the whole Christian thing. I want to find out if I really believe what the Bible says and if God really does exist. I’ve never been the type of person to “hear” God or know if he’s telling me to do something and it’s one of the things that’s hindered me a lot with my faith. I’ve heard over and over again that you’ll hear God when you get close to him by reading your Bible regularly and praying and I want to figure out once and for all what I really believe and not just want someone tells me to believe.
- 90 day reading plan downloaded!
Happy hump day! 🙂