If any of you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me post about B Up Bars and how much I like them. I decided to write a little bit more about why I like them and share my thoughts on the different flavors. I pretty much eat one every day after the gym around mid-afternoon and it’s something I look forward to.
B Up Bars are by far my favorite protein bar for a couple of reasons. 1) They have great macros and nutritional information. There are 20g of protein, around 2-5 grams of sugar and only around 200 calories (exact values depend on the flavor). 2) They’re soft and not too chewy. Personally, I find Quest bars a little too hard for my liking. Once I discovered B Up Bars, I’ve rarely gone back to Quest. Quest bars are easier to find in stores though so if I don’t have a B Up Bar packed, this is usually my next pick. And the main reason these bars are my favorite is number 3) They’re delicious! These bars satisfy my 3pm cravings for a sweet snack and as I said above, I look forward to eating them because I like them that much. They have 9 different flavors and I love all the ones I’ve tried! I’ll mention why I haven’t tried the chocolate mint one below. There’s also a line called B Jammin’ Bars which are fruit filled protein bars. These are a little more of a treat and the nutritional information is different than the B Up Bars (less protein and more sugar). I’ve tried all 3 flavors of B Jammin’ Bars and will tell you about those below too.
- Chocolate Brownie – This flavor is relatively new and once I heard it was coming out, I bought 3 boxes because I LOVE everything chocolate. I was not disappointed and it is now my favorite flavor. They are definitely very chocolate-y so if you love chocolate like me, you’ll love them. They also only have 200 calories and are great for a sweet treat during the day.
- Peanut Butter – My second favorite flavor (and favorite before the chocolate brownie flavor came out) is peanut butter! I mean seriously, how can you go wrong with peanut butter, right?? I’d suggest getting this flavor if you like eating PB straight from the jar like me as it has chunks of real peanut butter. 🙂 This flavor is 220 calories and is a little bit higher in fat.
- Cinnamon Roll – I’m a little afraid to admit this because every time I do people freak out buuuutttt I don’t like cinnamon rolls. I mean if I had to eat one it wouldn’t be the end of the world but I could go the rest of my life without eating one and be fine. I’m much more of a muffin, pancake, waffle type person and cinnamon rolls have never appealed to me. That being said, I was surprised at how much I liked this flavor! I’m not sure what came over me when I decided to order this flavor but I’m really glad I did. If you happen to be one of those weirdos who does like cinnamon rolls, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this flavor even more than I do. They have 170 calories (the lowest of all the flavors) and still have 20g of protein and only 3g of sugar.
- Red Velvet – This flavor is also a new flavor and I’m so glad they came out with it. It tastes just like red velvet and also has chunks of red velvet which makes it even more delicious.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – This flavor is soft and tastes like cookie dough with chunks of chocolate chips. If you love cookie dough (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?) you’ll love this flavor!
- Sugar Cookie – So, just like cinnamon rolls I don’t really like sugar cookies. I’m much more of a chocolate person in case you haven’t noticed by now, but this flavor is actually pretty good! It tastes like a sugar cookie without being overly sweet and is soft which I love.
- Vanilla Peanut Butter – This flavor is like a combination between peanut butter and sugar cookie. Since I’m partial to sugar cookies, I like the full peanut butter bar better but if the sugar cookie flavor is your favorite, this might just be the one for you!
- PB & J – I LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I figured I would love this bar just as much. However, since I eat so many PB & J sandwiches, 2 in one day is a little too much for me. That’s why this one is number 8 because I would rather eat the other flavors if I had a choice. That being said, I still liked this flavor and thought it tasted really close to a PB & J.
- Chocolate Mint – We’ve finally made it to the flavor I’ve never tried! As you read above, I’m not much of a fan of cinnamon rolls; however, I’m even less of a fan of mint. Every chocolate mint thing I’ve tasted I couldn’t finish and that goes for the Chocolate Mint SquareBar too (I’m also obsessed with these bars but definitely not that flavor). I’ve learned to like mint gum but still use cinnamon toothpaste and try to avoid other mint flavors at all cost. So it’s no surprise that I have no desire to try this flavor. If I did like mint and it’s as good as the other flavors, I’m sure it would be up there with my favorite since I do LOVE chocolate. However, I do not love mint, so I’m leaving it up to you guys to try this flavor and comment below on how it is. 🙂
The B Jammin’ Bars are lower in calories but higher in sugar than the B Up Bars. They are great for a sweet treat that you don’t feel guilty about and to satisfy your cravings. They have 12g of protein and 12g of sugar in each bar, 12-13g of fiber and are around 150-180 calories (exact nutritional information depends on the flavor).
- B Jammin’ Apple Pie a la Mode – My favorite B Jammin’ flavor. I love these bars when I want a treat but also want to get some protein in. They are sweet, tasty and I don’t feel bad about eating them. This flavor tastes like apple pie!
- B Jammin’ Vanilla Cherry – Another tasty treat that tastes like cherries.
- B Jammin’ PB & J – I actually like this flavor in the B Jammin’ bars better than the B Up bars, I think because it’s sweeter and looks more like a PB & J. Delicious!
So there you have it friends, my favorite protein bars! Their website is also super easy to navigate, they ALWAYS have free shipping and you can buy one bar at a time or a whole box. Every time I get my order, the owner writes a personalized thank you and there’s some cool stickers and other marketing materials included. I had a question about my order once and their customer service (I actually think it was the owner??) got back to me ASAP. Just another reason why I’ll continue to shop there. They seem like a great company and I love their products.
**This blog post was in no way sponsored by Yup Brands. I have been buying these bars for over a year and continue to love them and the company. I wanted to share my thoughts on them and let you know why they are my favorite protein bar.**