Who else can’t believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away?! This year has seemed to fly by and before we know it, it’s going to be 2017! With the holidays around the corner, I wanted to share an easy, healthy dessert recipe that I am absolutely obsessed with. The original recipe is by Steph Smith and Laura Henshaw and can be found at Keep It Cleaner. I’ve modified the recipe slightly based on the ingredients I had on hand and my preference. If you like dark chocolate, you’ll love this recipe. If you like your chocolate sweeter, I suggest adding a bit more rice malt syrup to the recipe as it can be on the bitter side.
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup rice crisps
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup goji berries
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
3 tbsp almond butter
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine almonds, rice crisps, coconut flakes, goji berries and cacao nibs in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan. Once melted add cacao powder, almond butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
3. Pour chocolate mixture over the dry mixture and stir until evenly coated.
4. Line a medium-sized baking tray with wax paper and pour mixture into it.
5. Transfer to freezer and freeze overnight or for at least 2 hours.
6. Keep stored in freezer.
The macros below are for 1 of 12 pieces.
Tips & Tricks:
-Leave rocky road out of the freezer for about 5 minutes before cutting into pieces. This will make it easier to cut.
-You can substitute the almond butter for peanut butter.